Tuesday, July 29, 2008

blog number one

well, this is my first blog. woo hoo. 
i've attempted to start other blogs many, many times, but i feel like i'll give it another go... maybe i'll actually write in it more than once. who knows.

today was a most eventful day (note: sarcasm is in this sentence). i started off doing my normal, summer morning routine, which consists of waking up at around 10 in the morning, followed by visiting all of my many websites that i check up daily, then hanging out on my couch watching tv. while i was in the middle of typing a Myspace message, i noticed my computer began to shake and thought to myself," Hm. That's odd." i then detected the sound of all of my prized Disney figurines shaking, and thought to myself," Hm. I really hope those don't fall down and break because i've spent far too much money on these pieces of porcelain and it would be an awful shame if all of my money went to waste."

last time i felt an earthquake, it was extremely small, and after asking people if they had felt it, they looked at my like i was crazy. so i figured this time around i might have beent he only one who felt it.

about five minutes after the shaking had ceased, i get a phone call from my dad asking me if i had felt the earthquake as well... my dad works in Malibu. after my disbelief, he told me to turn on the tv and watch the news, so i willingly did so and came to learn that the earthquake i had felt was actually a 5.8 on the Richter scale and had originated in Chino Hills.

well, i guess i really wasn't the only one who had felt the earthquake...

No comments: